Pages

Monday 3 June 2013

June 3: Birthday Planning Introduction

   
Pin It Now!     
Hello again, 
Ooooo look its a post that isn't on a Sunday or a week on Instagram post yay!!!
This year marks my 18th birthday, and thus birthday party and I didn't see why I shouldn't take you all along with me during all of the planning I have been doing along with school work which is why I have been absent for a bit lately (sorry)
Anyway an introduction to all of this is probably called for.
My birthday is on a Friday so it was only fitting that my party be that Friday night.
The general theme is woodland (I've always had a theme) and I've asked everyone to dress casual and warm.
From 7pm I am having family over for a pot luck dinner. I've just asked them all to bring something savoury to share just so that it takes the weight off my shoulders in terms of making sure they all eat on top of all my baking.
The rest of the non family people are coming at 8:30pm for sweets and drinks (yay!!)
I am planning on making all of the sweets myself, so I'm in for a lot of baking over the next three weeks. It's a good thing that we have now hit the dead part of the year work wise. I've planned on making cookies and cupcakes and brownies and hedgehog slice and caramel popcorn and apple turnovers. All yummy foods. (I think I am going to do recipe posts on some of them, thoughts?!?)
I've got a whole stack of decoration plans (thank you Pinterest)so that's going to be fun testing all of them out.
I also made all of the invites and thank you cards and little food tags myself to match the theme. I think they are super cute so there will be a post on them.
I think that is every thing I am doing. Here's a little sneak peak of the invitation.


Until next time,
Liana xx

PS name that book I used for the background
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets