Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

Apr 7: 21 Days of...

   
Pin It Now!     

Today I am pledging to you and the internet that I will do 21 days of being healthy.
Today is Day 1.

There is a myth that it takes a person 21 days to form a new habit. I don't believe that by just doing everyday for 21 days is going to make it a habit, I believe that in 21 (or more but 21 is a good number) days it will have worked it's way into your scheduled not in a ohh-I-don't-need-to-think-about-it-to-do-it-I-just-do-it-naturally way but in a it's-on-my-daily-list-of-things-to-do-today sort of way.
I have heard of multiple different ways people use this theory. Some have a bracelet that they swap from hand to hand if they break the rules they set for themselves, others have little sticky notes on a door frame that they take one off everyday they complete the tasks.

My goals for these 21 days are:
1. Eat healthy: I'm definitely not going on a diet, I don't like them. I am just striving for a balanced diet of about 80% good foods and 20% not so great food (but not crisps and soft drinks). I want to eat less carbs and more meat, fruit and veggies, and I also want to get out of the habit of eating when I am bored because that is doing nothing for me. I am also going to keep a food journal as then if I do eat something bad I feel guilty about it because I have to write it down.
2. Do 45+ minutes of exercise per day (not including walking to and from school): I have been researching different types ways to exercise so that I have a wide range of things to do because I get bored easily if I do the same thing over and over again. So I want to make it fun and I want to be happy with what I am doing and with myself.
3. Drink water: This is important because a) it keeps me hydrated and b) because when I am at home all day I never drink enough water I always forget compared to when I am at school or out I drink 3-5 600mL bottles of water every day (I barely drink 1 when at home).

There isn't really anything else to add to that apart from stay healthy.
Until next time,
Liana xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets