Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Jan 30: Bechdel

   
Pin It Now!     
Today was the introduction for year 12 and by introduction I mean I had to go to school for an interview with a teacher who won't be my homeroom teacher to talk about my goals for the future and the year and to get my timetable, which they made a mistake on, and to get my locker number.
On top of that I had to be there at 8:45 to drop off my brother for his first day.
Chocolate Cake

Okay so I guess it wasn't all bad, I made a chocolate cake with my sister and her bestfriend, complete with chocolate glaze icing Yum! (pictured), as well as watching one of my favourite Drew Barrymore movie Ever After. No matter how cheesy it is, it always puts me in a good mood. There is something about a good chick flick.
Last night I was watching a Ted talk (linked) about movies and what they are teaching the children of today. Anyway in the talk he was speaking about the Bechdel Test which asks three questions assessing the female characters in a film.
1) Are there at least two women who have lines?
2) Do they speak to each other?
3) Do they talk about something other then men?
So basically two women who speak to each other about stuff. I think it's quite sad that the list of films I can come up with is very limited but I found it very fascinating. It explains it more in the video.

And dad might also have called up to ask if we were all free to go to see Chitty Bang Bang in a week, which is fantastic as I haven't seen a professional stage show in ages. I'm super-duper excited.

Until next time,
Liana xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets